Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Painting with yarn

The very first yarn painting that I have sold, "The meeting", has been ready already from Saturday and was sent today, but I just haven't had time to put any photos here. This very time consuming technique is used by Mexican Huichol Indians. The yarn is pressed to the beeswax to make the painting, that's where the name comes from.

Here's how it all started: Ravyn was looking for things with her totem animals, so I send her this sketch:
And little by little, the painting started to take form...


And finally it was ready! I'm pretty happy about the way it turned out.

Here are some details, you can see more in my Flickr account.



By the way, I decided to allow also anonymous comments, at least for a while, so feel free drop me a line (but no spam, please!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow!!

This is really a piece of art... Congratulations.... I found you at a Ravelry group.... I hope to visit U again soon.

You're welcome if you like to my blog....

Regards!!

ColibriDreams said...

Thank you! It took time, but was very un to do. I guess I just can't leave the yarns alone, even when doing a painting... ;-)

You're always welcome back! I'll visit your blog soon too.

Jonna said...

Parece muy interesante la tecnica! Te quedo bonito tu trabajo