Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Shocked

I wanted to write about the Day of the Dead Celebrations here in Mexico, but I'm too shocked and it really doesn't seem apropiate right now.

Yesterday, while I was waiting for the first results on the presidential elections of the U.S., suddenly there were thes extra news on an airplane accident. The small plane that carried the Mexican Secretary of the Interior and some other civil cervants had crashed in the street in the center of the Mexico City. The people in the plane died immediately and the were other victims - at least 5 - that had been on the street. And at least 40 persons got injured, as there was a huge fire. Luckily the plane didn't crash into any of the high buildings there are near, the damages could have been even worse.

The accident happened only about 30 metres from the Finnish Embassy. Yesterday I still thought "Well, at least no one should have been in the Embassy that late". But I just heard that a a Finnish friend was just leaving the building when the plane crashed and she's now in hospital. I really hope she gets well soon.

4 comments:

Donaji said...

Hi, I found your blog in ravelry, I think we all are a little bit socked about the plane, it's something that doesn't happens here... and I really hope your friend gets well soon.

Jonna said...

Shocking and so many people died. In vain as always. Terrible thing to happen.

Unknown said...

Hi!!

I was shocked too, it was really weird to hear the news... A plane at periferico????

Well also I hope your friend gets well really soon.

Have a nice weekend

ColibriDreams said...

Thanks for wishing the best to my friend... The whole thing was just so unexpected and strange, apart o being so awful.