Sunday, August 2, 2009

Updating...

On Firefox the images and everything seems to work, so here you, some updates...

I have spent the past months mainly with the thesis (vacations from the university are for thesis writing, right? At least my advisor thinks so...). But I also had a nice guide/interpreter job in June. A group of Finns came here for a wedding, and although I didn't know any of them before, it was a nice week, even with little sleep. Simultaneous interpreting wasn't as difficult as I thought (of course I didn't have to translate totally exactly, which helped a lot). I also got to travel a bit with them. Most of the places where we visited, I already knew, but I got to know some new places too. And I definitively learnt a lot, as I had to find and learn by heart lots of information that I then told to my group.

Here are some pictures:

The Xochicalco piramids near Cuernavaca were very impressive. I hadn't visited there before, so it was really nice to get there. Not only the pyramids are awesome, but also the view from the top of the hill is amazing.



Taxco, the silver city (there a lots of silver smiths in the city and you can get good deals on silver jewelry), was one of our stops. I have been there two or three times before, but it's always a nice place to go.



Even though the thesis is taking a lot of time now, I have also knitted something. My Wilhelmiina was ready already on the first of June and I'm very happy with it.




Pattern: Neja's Wilhelmiina

Yarn: Novita Bambu

Needles: 3,5mm


I used Neja's pattern, but did some modifications. I added a lot of purl stitchesto the underarms and made the cable part much longer than in the original pattern (it wasn't supposed to be as long as in the pictures though - the upper part stretched quite a lot).

I have also been knitting a wedding shawl for my friend, and started also a top down tunic, but you'll get pictures of those later.

3 comments:

Jonna said...

Kaunis Wilhelmiina! Bloggauksen makuun on kyllä vaikea päästä takaisin pitkän tauon jälkeen, täällä kamppailen saman ongelman parissa. Taxco on muuten minulta vielä käymättä, tahdon hopean ostoon!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

I realy like the picture below the Taxco photo, i am guessing that taxco as well. and your knitting is very pretty, i am envious of all people with knitting talent!LL

Eila said...

Wilhelmiina on kaunis neule! Minullakin on ollut aikeena neuloa joskus tuo, saas nähdä sitten milloin...