Monday, February 18, 2008

Some people just don't get it?

The title could refer to many, many things, but this time I'm talking about the director of my thesis.

Have you ever been in a situation that you talk with somebody, and in theory you are talking about the same thing, but in practice there is no point of understanding? (I'm sure you have, as this could happen with many topics, like religion or ethical beliefs.) Well, talking about my research with my tutor is just like that. It's just too obvious that either she doesn't understand my research theme or she never really read my research project - or both. The worst thing is that she doesn't even undesrtand that she doesn't understand.

My tutor thinks she knows everything about everything, and besides, she wants to civilize me (yes, she was using that exact word). And I'm apparently stuck with her - in my university you can't change the director of your thesis without his/her consent. And she has made very clear she doesn't let me go. Oh great.

Next time I promise to post something about my crafts here.

No comments: